Rocktape Kinesiology Training Courses
Rocktape’s taping protocol is quickly becoming the standard for kinesiology taping in the medical industry. The Rocktape courses are Australia’s most popular kinesiology tape courses. In 2014 we conducted in excess of 60 full and half day courses, attended by more than 1,500 people. Why the interest?
Unlike other methods, Rocktape’s taping protocol is based on an ‘open-source’ philosophy; we don’t believe there’s only one right way to tape. We welcome applications and techniques that others have developed. This community based approach to taping integrates concepts from all other methods and provides a framework for the practitioner to determine the best approach.
We have now developed several different options to provide education about kinesiology taping.
- The full day courses remain our principal method of introducing the concept of kinesiology taping to the majority of practitioners, as well as teaching them the concepts of “Power Taping”, utilising the benefits of kinesiology taping to tape the muscles associated with a particular activity, linking the muscles of the appropriate kinetic chain, ie lower back, hamstring and calf muscles that make up the posterior chain. Investment – $290, or $190 for under graduate students.
- A half day courses for both general applications and a course that is lower limb specific, often attended by podiatrists but open to all practitioners. These half day options are attractive to busy practitioners, and those that are just keen to learn the basic principles of kinesiology taping. These courses focus on the more commonly used Rocktape applications within the three categories of regional taping, oedema taping and postural control. Investment – $150, or $95 for under graduate students.
- Rocktape 2 – a full day course for practitioners wanting to learn more kinesiology taping techniques, and have a more in depth look at the various Power Taping applications. This course is designed for those who have already completed one of our standard courses, or who are regular users of kinesiology tape. Investment – $290, or $190 for under graduate students.
- New in 2015 is Rocktape Equine – we offer both a full day course covering kinesiology taping applications for both the human and horse, and a half day course focusing on how to assist performance and recovery, during and post competition. Investment – $390.
All courses have a significant practical component which allows an opportunity for the attendees to attempt taping numerous applications, which is important given it is quite different to rigid tape techniques. This ensures they feel confident enough to start using Rocktape with their clients when next in the clinic, gym or sports change rooms, and they have many application ideas to use.
Not sure which one is the best option for you?
The full day course covers:
- Theory of kinesiology taping
- Regional taping – muscle and joint applications
- Oedema / inflammation taping applications
- Postural taping applications
- Pregnancy taping applications
- Theory of Power Taping
- Basic Power Taping applications
- Performance taping applications
The half day course covers:
- Overview of the theory of kinesiology taping
- Regional taping – basic muscle and joint applications
- Introduction to oedema / inflammation taping applications
- Introduction to postural taping applications
The Rocktape 2 or advanced kinesiology taping full day course covers:
- Regional taping – more techniques for all areas of the body, as well as more variations for common presentations such as knees and shoulders
- Postural applications and “tweak taping”- utilizing skin glides to alter pain and movement
- Scar management
- Update of recent research
- Thorough coverage of Power Taping applications
- Participant masterclass – a demonstration by attendees of their favourite Rocktape application in their patient population.
The Rocktape Equine full day course covers:
- Theory of kinesiology taping
- Equine case study discussion
- Equestrian regional (muscle and joint) and postural taping applications
- Tendon and ligament injury taping applications
- Shin soreness taping applications
- Lumbosacral and sacroiliac taping applications
- Oedema / inflammation taping applications
- Plus many more!!
We have also recently added some sport specific courses to the mix:
- Surfing – to be conducted at Surfing Australia’s High Performance Centre at Casuarina (Tweed Heads). Attendees will learn how to use kinesiology tape for the surfing community. More information is available here.
- Horse riding – attendees will learn how to use kinesiology tape for riders and equine performance recovery. More information is available here.
Some clinics are now choosing to host their own half day or full day Rocktape courses to enable their small group of practitioners to enjoy a small group learning environment and the ability to focus the session to the types of taping that are best suited to their clientele. One such course was recently held in Melbourne’s Patterson Lakes:
“I would like to pass on our appreciation for setting up the workshop within our clinic last weekend as we all gained and immense amount of knowledge out of the course as it was particularly structured to our needs. I have applied a number of the techniques today and can’t wait for patient feedback in regards to this. I also have many more clients in mind to play with the techniques further.”
Louise Harvey – Patterson Allied Health, Patterson Lakes
Up coming full day courses
- Perth – Saturday September 5 (Equine)
- Kalgoorlie – Saturday September 19 – SOLD OUT
- Sydney – Sunday October 11
- Melbourne – Saturday October 17
- Brisbane – Saturday October 17 (Equine)
- Casuarina (Tweed Heads) – Saturday October 24 (Surfing)
- Perth – Saturday October 24
- Adelaide – Saturday October 31
- Brisbane – Saturday October 31
- Canberra – Saturday November 14
- Gold Coast – Saturday November 14
- Melbourne – Saturday November 28
- Sydney – Sunday November 29
- Glenbrook (Blue Mountains) – Sunday December 6
These courses have registration at 8:45am and run from 9am until 5pm. But please check the times for each specific course.
Accreditation for the Rocktape introduction course has been obtained from the Australian Physiotherapy Association (8 CPD hours), Chiropractic Association of Australia (7.5 hours of formal learning activity), Exercise & Sports Science Australia (8 continuing education points), Osteopathy Australia (7 continuous professional development hours), Australian Association of Massage Therapists (10 CPE hours), Institute of Registered Myotherapists of Australia (category 1, 8 PD points), Massage Association of Australia (8 CPE points), Association of Massage Therapists (35 CEU) and the Australian Traditional Medicine Society – 8 CE points. Podiatrists also receive CPD points for attending – category B – Further Education (courses relating to podiatry practice).
Up coming half day courses
- Brisbane – Saturday September 5 (Equine)
- Sydney – Saturday September 12 (Equine)
- Gold Coast – Saturday September 12
The courses generally have registration at either 8:45am and run from 9am until 1pm, or registration at 12:45pm and run from 1pm until 5pm. Please check the times for each specific course.
Accreditation for the Rocktape half day course has been obtained from the Australian Physiotherapy Association (4 CPD hours), Chiropractic Association of Australia (3 hours of formal learning activity), Exercise & Sports Science Australia (4 continuing education points), Osteopathy Australia (4 continuous professional development hours), Australian Association of Massage Therapists (5 CPE hours), Institute of Registered Myotherapists of Australia (category 1, 4 PD Points), Massage Association of Australia (4 CPE points), Association of Massage Therapists (20 CEU), and the Australian Traditional Medicine Society – 4 CE points. Podiatrists also receive CPD points for attending – category B – Further Education (courses relating to podiatry practice).
Up coming Rocktape 2 (advanced kinesiology taping) courses
- Some new course dates are to be announced soon.
Reservations for the particular courses can be made here
Accreditation for the Rocktape advanced course has been obtained from the Australian Physiotherapy Association (8 CPD hours), Chiropractic Association of Australia (7.25 hours of formal learning activity), Osteopathy Australia (7 continuous professional development hours), Institute of Registered Myotherapists of Australia (category 1, 7 PD points), Exercise & Sports Science Australia (8 continuing education points) and Massage Association of Australia (8 CPE points).
Attendees of all of the courses mentioned above receive:
- a copy of the presentation slides received as a bound booklet
- Rocktape to take away with you so you can trial the new skills you will acquire
- refreshments are provided for you on the day
- a certificate on completion
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on these sessions or if you would prefer to receive an invoice than pay on line.
For details on wholesale prices please contact email@example.com