Rocktape today announced a partnership with track cyclist Melissa Hoskins.
After spending many years playing basketball, in 2006 Melissa was identified in a WAIS screening test as a potential elite cyclist or kayaker. Melissa chose cycling and since then has taken great strides in the sport culminating in representing Australia in a junior team in 2009 and then in a senior team in 2010.
Melissa currently specializes in both the team pursuit and omnium, and in May is going to spend 3 months based in Girona Italy riding with the Australian Jayco development team.
“I suffered an AC injury to my shoulder playing basketball and this sometimes flares up when training. I was then introduced to Rocktape and it has provided support and stability for my shoulder when in the gym, on the bike and when swimming,” said Melissa. “I have found the big daddy Rocktape in particular works a treat and I would strongly recommend using it.”
In 2011, Melissa has already recorded a series of impressive results:
- 1st Team pursuit Australian Track National Championships NSW
- 2nd Points race Australian Track National Championships NSW
- 2nd Omnium Australian Track National Championships NSW
- 3rd Individual pursuit Australian Track National Championships NSW
- 3rd Team pursuit 2010/11 UCI Track World Cup – Beijing CHN
- 4th U23 Time trial Australian Open Road Championships VIC
- 6th Scratch race Australian Track National Championships NSW
- 7th Stage 4 Jayco Bay Classic VIC
- 8th Stage 3 Jayco Bay Classic VIC
- 8th Omnium 2010/11 UCI Track World Cup – Manchester GBR
- 13th Omnium Overall Standings 2010/11 UCI Track Cycling World Cup Classic
Melissa Hoskins currently resides and trains in Adelaide, South Australia, and is coached by Darryl Benson at the Western Australian Institute of Sport.