Rocktape welcomes Rockstar – Myron Simpson, a member of the New Zealand Elite Track Cycling Squad.
Myron is 20 years old and for the past 5 years has ridden on the New Zealand national squad and he has had medal success at the Junior World Championship level, elite World Cup level and also achieved many results at a National Level. Myron recently represented New Zealand at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi finishing 4th in the 1km time trial.
“My aim is to create a supportive team around me to help me achieve my goals of becoming World and Olympic Champion on the track. The team will be made up of organisations who lead their fields and Rocktape is the premium kinesiolgy tape,” said Myron. “I have a challenging couple of years ahead of me and I want to do everything I can to help me achieve my goals, and Rocktape will assist me in times of rehab, increase my endurance and improve my recovery.”
In 2010, Myron racked up a series of impressive results:
- 1st 40km Madison NZ National Championships
- 1st Men’s Team Sprint NZ National Championships
- 1st Schaffen Kermesse – Belgium
- 2nd 40km Madison UCI Track Cycling World Cup – Melbourne
- 2nd Omnium Oceania Championships – Adelaide
- 2nd Halen Kermesse – Belgium
- 2nd Hoeleden Kermesse – Belgium
- 4th 1km Time Trial Commonwealth Games – Delhi
- 10th Omnium World Championships – Copenahagen
Myron Simpson currently resides and trains in Auckland, New Zealand, and is coached by Stuart McDonald and Tim Carswell.