Rocktape today announced a partnership with Alex South, who competes in a Laser Radial- Women’s Singlehanded Olympic Dinghy.
Alex is a member of the Australian Sailing Squad and NSW Institute of Sport. Alex is ranked 1st in NSW (Open Age) and 1st in Under 19 Woman in Australia. Rocktape looks forward to supporting Alex as she attempts to secure a spot at the London Olympics, and in her lead up events including the World University Games in China and ISAF Sailing World Championships in Perth, Australia.
“I am currently battling with a back injury, an annular tear in my L4/5 disc, and I find that Rocktape provides support and stability, and importantly does not restrict my movement,” said Alex. “I find the Rocktape beneficial for both my training in the gym and when on the water. Most importantly, the ability of Rocktape to stay on when I get wet means it is perfect for sailing.”
Alex racked up an impressive list of sporting results in 2010:
- Finalist Female Sailor of the Year – Yachting Australia Awards
- 8th Volvo ISAF Youth World Championships, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2nd Sail Sydney International Regatta, ISAF Grade One Event
- Pierre de Coubertin Award for Sporting Excellence
- 1st Australian Youth Championship, Female
- Double Bay Sailing Club- Club Champion
- Best Female Sailor- Sydney All Schools Tri Series
- 1st NSW Open Laser Radial Sailor
- 9th Australian Open Laser Radial Championship, 2nd Woman, 1st Under 19 Female.
Alex South currently resides and trains in Sydney, New South Wales, and is coached by her ex-world champion Dad, Adam at the Double Bay Sailing Club.